Friday, October 31, 2014

On Free Stuff, episode one

So a few weeks ago I signed up for Influenster. I saw someone I follow on Tumblr post about it (at least I think that's how this happened) and thought... hmm, okay, there's a chance I can get interesting free stuff out of this, count me in. Now, in exchange, I have to post about whatever I get on social media. Cool tradeoff, far as I'm concerned, and might be enough to make me finally get an Instagram account once I get my new phone (so in a few days). This is, needless to say, the first of those posts that's happening here. If y'all aren't into it, just don't click any of my posts labeled "On Free Stuff" and you'll be fine. The normal content on this blog, if there is anything that can be described as such, will still be here.

Anyways, the way Influenster works is the free things come in these beautiful packages called VoxBoxes. One gets a full-size product and, presumably depending on the thing, a few pieces of extra info. The first VB I got, which came today (hence this post) is Vaseline Intensive Care lotion. As somebody who works retail and mainly deals with personal care products, I should have a good understanding of what size a 10-ounce bottle is, but nope - it's about as long as my hand (and I have really long hands for a lady-type so this is awesome). Now, it's a little silly for me to be using something that's for dry skin considering that I don't have that problem, but this stuff is awesome. It doesn't smell like anything - as someone with occasional sensory issues, this is a plus - and feels amazing. My skin is all nice and squishy-feeling now. Basically, it does what it needs to do, and that's the best I can say. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment